Today I have a special treat for you - my dear friend Rande of Free Spirit Academy and I sat down a few weeks ago to go long form on all things body love, healing, and why your appetite is always, always on your side. I share a bit of my own story with being ill and how this fed into my Eating Disorder, and how I worked WITH my sick body to become well, rather than trying to fight AGAINST my body or the Eating Disorder.
This resulted in two podcast episodes that I am delighted to share with you today.
In part One, we talk about:
- Holistically addressing mental, physical, and spiritual health IN THE LONG RUN.
- My history with anorexia that began with being a very sick child and wanting to feel better.
- How you think you should feel on any particular diet or healing regimen vs. what you're seeing in reality.
- How we can begin making everything in our world right including our emotions, our symptoms, and any way our body reacts.
- What's going on when we feel we're eating perfectly and not getting better or losing weight.
In Part Two, we cover:
- The power of admitting when what we are believing might not be true, and how not having all the answers doesn't equal being in pain all the time.
- The difference between surrender and apathy.
- Imagining your ideal body (not to manifest it somehow magically) but to experience a feeling of worthiness with which to move forward from.
- The difference between listening to your body from a place of pain and fear vs a place of worthiness.
- A fresh perspective on what disease is.
- A fresh perspective on the state of humanity right now.
- A very refreshing perspective on cleanses and detox diets.
- And how binge eating isn't actually self-sabotage.
Have a listen and let me know what you think! And of course, be sure to check out all Randes beautiful work below: